Monday, May 28, 2007

Love...what a marvelous thing

Today I watched a film called "The Holiday". I was trying to avoid watching lovey dovey chick flicks- so i watched hardcore movies such as Blood Diamond...etc. But, wow- i absolutely loved the movie. If you haven't seen it, please go see it! it really speaks to the heart. There were plenty of shedding tears part...i mean, come on, i cry to anything.

Another good book to read is "The Kite Runner"....also made me teary eyed. I spent a whole day sitting in one setting- the book was that good!

Anyways- this is dedicated to you out there...this poem from E.E Cummings from the movie "In Her Shoes"
For you
A poem by e.e. Cummings


I carry your heart with me.
I carry it in my heart.
I am never without it.
Anywhere I go, you go, my dear.
And whatever is done by only me...
is your doing, my darling.

I fear no fate...for you are my fate, my sweet.
I want no world, for, beautiful...
you are my world, my true.
Here is the deepest secret no one knows.
Here is the root of the root...
and the bud of the bud...
and the sky of the sky
of a tree called life...
which grows higher than the soul can hope..
.or mind can hide.
It is the wonder
that's keeping the stars apart.
I carry your heart.
I carry it in my heart.

thank you friend for reminding me about this poem today. read the poem with Ennio Morricone's Cinema Paradiso theme :)

No comments: